Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Close to home

Not too long ago i wrote a post about nigeria's booming economy in every industry. But this here really sold it for me. check it out
this is Adenike Ogunlesi. A true definition of a success story. Most of you know her as the founder of a made in nigeria children's clothing line called RUFF N' TUMBLE. She is also my aunt ( dad's sister). I haven't seen her in a long time but i ran into a video of her by accident talking about her story. It really is a good watch. The video brings back memories, i remember swinging at her early workshop when she started her line. It is such a good feeling to see that she is making a mark in Africa. So good that she doesn't need to expand to foreign markets. check it out yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtaW7-mcak







Also these 2 gentlemen above are childhood friends of mine. Taiwo and Kehinde Okunoren . They too started their own label called Okunoren twins which specialize in savile row suits. They are also making their mark in Nigeria in the fashion industry. They have styled local celebrities and have gotten a reputation for their craftsmanship. google them.

Lastly check out this video of Ngozi Okonjo- first female Finance Minister in Nigeria talking about the recent economic uprise in Nigeria. It is a very very very good watch especially if anyone is thinking of investing in the current market in Nigeria. Trust me u will learn something

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/127







Nigeria is really a country we need to keep an eye on. I'm really proud of what my family has done to make a difference. Kehinde if you are reading this, i am a size 40R. i would like a 3 button pinstripe navy blue suit with a vest or a 2 button, double vents with a fat lapel. I'm really proud of you guys. Aunty nike keep doing your thing too, and keep shining, dad told me about everything but seeing was believing and i am now a believer. Lastly birthday shout outs to moms, JR and toi ( seen the hawai pics, let me know if you talking about south america ) keep doing your thing ppl. Did i also say my mom owned her own fashion label decades ago. My family is cooler than yours. My brother is graduating from parsons on the May 22nd. Congrats to him for the internship at Oscar De la renta. Bigger and better things to come. My other brother is graduating from Rice this week. Congrats to him too. Niceguys tour kicks off this thursday. Congrats to them too. Peep the flyer below. I just came back from the printer's office, we printing up some shirts, i am sleep deprived. See u this week. God bless and Viva la Africa

1 comment:

FashionPrenuer said...

I approve "Cool Family"
wink