Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DFUM

It's been a minute yall, but i would like yall to check out my DFUM ( D's F*cked Up Mind) online art exhibit. It showcases work i have done for the past 10 yrs. Only exclusive for facebook users. Search for DOBALE CHAPTER on facebook to check out the available galleries. Right now the 1997-1999 showcase is up. Click on the pics for better details
It only feels right, been doing this since birth and a lot of my work hasn’t gone past my bedroom and mind. Alot of people don’t know me as an artist but i have been drawing all my life. I remember 20+ yrs ago i had so many ambitions as an artist, I remember wanting to make a video game with friends of mine. We would sketch out stages, characters etc. We were really trying to get in contact with nintendo to give them ideas. This is really out of my character to showcase my work from the past 10yrs but my recent trip to the murakami exhibit in new york really inspired me. DFUM is a concept i came up with 2 yrs ago after i started dobale. DFUM (D’S FUCKED UP MIND) pronounced as deform is a fitting name for this exhibit because these ideas were not normal. DFUM was originally going to be used as another clothing line but unfortunately the idea fell off just like many ideas that are showcased in this exhibit. My goal is to show people my ideas that never flourished, from my sketches, stories, art etc. dfum exhibits all that went through my mind from 1997 - 2008. I had so many dreams as an artist from wanting to own my comic company, working in the animation industry etc, but a lot of situations that happened in my life caused me to stop following these dreams. Even though i haven’t accomplished much as an artist, i would still like to share my ideas with you. This exhibit will run for a limited time only, and is only exclusive to facebook users. Each showcase will has no set date meaning it can be taken down anytime. I would like to thank all those who have been down since day 1, this is my ode to you all, welcome to DFUM.
Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how can I get intouch with you?