Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MURAKAMI IS A GENIUS

I really forgot to post this, but i actually went to the murakami exhibit in new york and boy his work really changed my life. Homie is genius. Murakami is one my biggest inspirations. He started the superflat movement in Japan. I was not allowed to take pics at the exhibit in new york, but i saw a whole lot. I watched some of his animated works, which are below. I saw most of his sculptured pieces, paintings, digital work and visited the louis vuitton booth they had. I'm still upset i passed on the phone clip he did for them. Anyhow since i couldn't take pics, below are some of his works that were displayed in the exhibit



good morning video he did for kanye west



louis vuitton ad



KaiKai & KiKi

KaiKai & KiKi was a materpiece. I watched 3 episodes in the museum

You can check out some of his work that was displayed here

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Takashi%20Murakami&w=all&s=int
These are skate decks he did for supreme
He is also known in the fashion world to collaborate with louis vuitton. Obviously many fakes have spurred from his art. This is a recent camo he did for the brand. I am still mad i didn't get the phone cover they had at the exhibit.

This was one of many rooms i checked out at the brooklyn museum. Pics of his work do no justice at all
If you remember a while back ( well not quite), i had an online exhibit i displayed on facebook called DFUM. My reason for displaying alot of my ideas and work i did for the past 10 yrs is because of murakami. My work has never left my room and it felt only right that i showcased some of my work. I displayed tons of my work. For those of you that missed it, this is a fraction of what i displayed.

This is a sketch i did in 1998. I was working on a comic strip which i never finished
This was an old friend of mine i had drawn in 2003. The digital coloring was done this year though
This was done almost a year ago.

This was a book jacket project i did for school last year. Everyone used pictures, except me because drawing was easier and more original. My book of choice of bewulf

I drew these skulls in 2001 in my life drawing class. I recently colored this though
A project i was working on that i never finished. About 4 yrs ago i was hired to illustrate a children's book called ALBO: THE WHITE ALIGATOR. The message is about racism. In reality white aligators are killed by other aligators because of their skin difference. Unfortunately this project was cancelled by my client

DJ candlestick and Dj mr rogers have a mixtape coming out soon called check my sneakers. It was a pleasure to render their mixtape cover. Make sure you check out dj candlestick's myspace for more info
http://www.myspace.com/CANDLESTICKMUSIC
The first single of their mixtape is called MARRIED TO THE MOB by Easy yves saint. Check out this youtube he did to break down the song. Mad sick, and of course dj candlestick produced the track. You might find some of my artwork in the video. Oh yeah my bad, i was going a little off track, this is an yves sketch i did. He was tough to draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlTfpWgO-0Y


Promo work i did for candlestick. Click on the picture for better details



niceguys album cover


I really had ambitions as a kid, but unfortunately alot of situations had forced me to compromise. I will try and show off the rest of my work for those that missed out. Murakami really changed my life.

1 comment:

DeanofStyle said...

Dobale...u got it bro.

btw...Murakami is pretty sick.