Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What to look out for

Meet  Patrick Ervell

I will let Kanye's blog do a better introduction for you

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=200183_-1__0_~0_-1_7_2008_0_0&em3281=&em3161=

The irony of this was that i was just about to post him on my blog and my brother interns for him in his manhattan office. My brother Niyi had called me to tell me how embarrassed ervell was gonna get. ( an inside joke ) but really i found out about ervell after checking out stores like nom de guerre and opening ceremony and believe me he makes great garments. From what i also understand ervell is really looked as one of new york's leading designers and someone we should all be paying attention to in the future
This is probably one of the most anticipated events to occur this year. Gap just commisioned parisian boutique colette to open up a 1 month concept store next month in new york. Now this is something you must not miss out if you live in new york.  Everybody knows colette is the best boutique in the world, and i know this is a once in a lifetime event. They stock everything and i mean everything from high fashion, streetwear to everyday utilities. Colette even has a cafe inside their store. Their pop up shop will carry exclusive items that were available at their paris shop like comme des garcons and oakley etc. They even have a website for the special collaboration. This is great news and i def. will not be missing this special event

www.colettexgap.com
check  it out 

I'm never up to date on high fashion as far as collections and the brains behind the brands. To me its all about how the clothes fit, but recently i have been paying a little attention to LANVIN. Their sneakers are probably the best right now and what is bringing me closer to the brand as a whole. I recently watched an interview with the head designer of LANVIN Lucas Ossendrijver. Check it out yourself. It's a good watch. I know i'm probably late but LANVIN is what's really good in menswear.

check out the video interview with Lucas

http://openers.jp/fashion/flagship/lanvin/news005.html

the video is at the bottom
Also if you are going to be in houston this weekend, you know where to head to this sunday.

THE H-TOWN SNEAKER SUMMIT

it's gonna be live, so be there. Click on the flyer for better details. 
Shout out to KADOMA for making it happen

No comments: