Monday, September 1, 2008

FOR THE SNEAKER HEADS ONLY

Vapors just released their sneaker issue, and i must say i was really impressed on what i read. The issue covered alot that's been going around the sneaker culture before hype existed. They interviewed real collectors and innovators like Bobbito, Greg Street, Paul Rodriguez, Wale, Dj greg street and benny gold etc. I really learned alot reading the issue. Ever wanted to find out about the legenday Orchard street dunks? What about the $4000 jordans ? Trust me you will learn alot about this issue. They also covered brands that are making a killing in the streetwear scene like supreme, Undftd and vans etc. Check it out, its available for reading online. I'ts worth it check it out
copy and paste below to read

http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/index.php/digital-magazine/#

click on the " CLICK TO READ" button

a page from vapors ( above)
I never consider myself a sneakerhead at all. Seriously i ain't even trying to be modest but this magazine did bring back some memories. I own no more than 50 sneakers. ( compared to real heads who own 500 plus..you will see some of those in the magazine.) But i have always been fascinated about the culture itself. I never had the time to wait for a week for special releases or that much money to begin with. The only 'limited' pair of sneakers i really own are the air max safaris ( pictured above) which i copped for around $200. To real heads that's nothing. I know people who buy used jordans for triple that price. Even if i wanted to be a sneaker head, i can't but it amazes me how people are really really into it. I always buy nikes and other brands for no more than $50. I would spend more sometimes but they are usually non-athletic. I really wanted to share the issue with you. It really brings me back, back when my cousins would email me everyday on kicks they were watching on ebay. Or back when i looked hard for sneakers for a good price like melvins * ( todd where my melvins at lol). The only thing i would say i kinda regret is passing up on jordans. Back in highschool every cool guy had js, but i stuck with polo boots, air forces and dada kicks ( yes dada.. gone are those days). My appreciation for jordans happened last year when i was in new york. I realized how foolish i was in missing out on them, and eversince my recent purchase of the fire 3s, i have been hooked. I can officially say jordans are prob. the best sneakers of all time. But i'll save that debate later. I just wanted to share this moment with you. Maaannn i need some new kicks. I'ma sign out with raekwon peace.




No comments: